Old Family Photos.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011



This past weekend I went to go visit my Aunt Mamie and cousins in Philadelphia which is just a short ride from the City.  It was a such a wonderful time and was so nice to spend time with family.  On Saturday evening we found ourselves digging through old family photos and found some real gems! I loved seeing the young photos of my parents and it is amazing how much my mother looks like us (especially Kristen)! Our Cuban father looks like quite the Rico Suave there next to our American mother.  Seeing young versions of our grandparents gave us quite the laugh.  Did you check out our grandmothers mohawk?! Then there is our mother posing with some dolls; what a character she is!

It's amazing how much technology has changed. We use computers to look at photos (for the most part) and what we have from our parents generation are film strips and photographs. I personally think there is something nice about sifting through old photos. For one thing, it sure brought about some good laughs!











































9 comments:

Lauren said...

These are so fun, thank you for sharing them. I'll be visiting with my gma in the next week so you have now inspired me to ask for some great photos of my mom when she was my age. I do agree, there is something special about actual photos than just clicking through the internet.


Laurenlovestoshare

Miranda said...

Those are awesome, I love seeing the different styles.

Miranda
www.indcfashion.com

Unknown said...

hmmmm That was awesome! So you guys speak Spanish? beijossss

Nicole Marie said...

i seriously love finding old photos. especially one from when my parents were first married.

Sabina said...

Love all these pics--when are the first few from? They seem the most recent. Were they take on a disposable camera? I used to go through one of those a week in the late 90s.

krisandkel said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments!

Carla: Well...we should speak Spanish but it's not nearly as good as it needs to be. We get a hard time for this constantly!

My Style Canvas: The first few photos are from the early 70s. I am not positive but I don't think they were taken with a disposable camera. I'll have to ask my parents! :)

Gawgus things... said...

I love looking through old family photos - always such fun! XX

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

oh my gosh Kelly, these are some killer looks through the years. your family is a stylin' crew and grammies hawk is a serious contender when it comes to a Flock of Seagulls hair did contest for sure ; )

these rock! ♥

Mom said...

The first pics are from the late 70s, probably 1979 when both of my sisters lived with dad and I for a bit.

/*To add pinterest button*/ 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips