Reindeer Art.

Friday, November 30, 2012





















Something I love to do in my spare time is craft. I also LOVE the Holidays so when I saw this adorable Glitter Reindeer Art on Pinterest I knew I had to do make it. However, with my busy work schedule and the endless number of activities New York has to has to offer, it's rare for me to find the time (or space!) to craft. I found the perfect opportunity to recreate it with Kristen when I was back home in Miami for Thanksgiving. Not only did I get to craft and spend quality time with my sister, I now have a pretty darn cute Christmas decoration to add to my apartment!









It's a very quick and easy DIY to do. Just follow these simple instructions:

Supplies

- Canvas (we used 12 x 12 canvas)
- Deer template (we used this template from the original post of this craft)
- Pencil
- Scissors
- Glitter of your choice
- Glue (we used Elmer's and Modge Podge but I think most anything will work)
- Small paint brush

Once you have all your supplies together, you just cut out your deer template, trace it on the canvas, paint on your glue, and then glitter away!!

Here are some tips we would suggest to help recreate your Glitter Reindeer Art:

- If you want a bigger reindeer, print the template out on multiple pages (see your printer settings) and tape the different pages together. I needed two pages but next time I would like to do this bigger!
- Paint your glue on in small batches then add glitter. By the time we finished painting the whole reindeer, a lot of the glue dried and we had to re-do the glue and glitter process a couple times.
- To help keep the glitter in place, spray your finished product with hairspray (thanks Kristen at Bliss for the tip!).

Now it's your turn!



1 comment:

Nicole Marie said...

so cute! i saw that on pinterest. if i was in the states i would definitely do it too!

/*To add pinterest button*/ 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips