Succulent Garden.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I never fully understood the obsession with succulents until this past weekend.  My sister, Katie, and I were strolling around an outdoor mall in Miami this weekend and saw succulent arrangements selling for $30+. I didn't want to spend this amount and immediately thought to just do it ourselves.  Quickly after, Katie and I were running all around Miami and picked up these perfect hanging candle holders from CB2 we'd seen endless times before.  From there we headed to Home Depot (in the pouring rain) and picked up gravel and an array of succulents.  The next day we got to work and arranged the succulents within the candle holders with dirt on the bottom and gravel on the top.  As you can imagine, the hardest part was arranging the cactus!  We successfully completed this project and only spent about $7 on each arrangement.  I would love to hang these somewhere and I absolutely cannot wait to do other succulent arrangements.  They are the perfect plant, both indoors and outside, that add life to a room and are easy to maintain.   



































14 comments:

Taylor said...

These are so pretty! I love it.

De Vero said...

They are so sweet!

http://de-vero.blogspot.com

Gawgus things... said...

They look fantastic - such a stunning arrangement! XXX

Unknown said...

They are so adorable! That's a great idea! Talented girls! :)

htt://www.cougarvintage.blogspot.com

Amy said...

This is such a great idea! thanks for sharing xx

Scientific Housewife said...

How cute! Great job girls :)

jaclyn @ thelateafternoon said...

i can't believe you made these! they look so good, especially in the glass vases you picked!

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

I love this idea. It turned out really well.

*Erin

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Great idea! Perfect way to add a touch of green to the apartment without a major live plant.

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

GIRLSSSSS! 1st of all - AMAZING new blog design! lovin' the pattern in your names and greens with greys are super awesome combo colors. fab job : )

now this succulent garden is a dream come to life. wow and more WOW! i've been obsessing over these sorts of plants also and would love to have a row of them just like yours. what insp - what wonder! last night i was at a friends for a bbq and she had a mini cactus arrangement. i had to touch it and then she scolded me b/c one of them supposedly gives you the scratches. it almost looked cobweb covered, had to go wash my hands asap....good going on the gloves! thinking i will follow suit. yah girls!!!! happy weekend. ♥

010 said...

amazing

3lin

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh LOVE the new layout!!! xo

http://tryitonmegirl.blogspot.com/

Cookie and Kate said...

LOVE. I'm been succulent obsessed for a while now. I tried planting some in deep, wide vases, but my terrariums didn't last longer than a few months. :( I used charcoal and everything (there's a design*sponge tutorial that recommends using it). I might just have to try, try again!

P.s. your redesign looks beautiful!!

Helen said...

I LOVE these!! What a great find, thanks for the lovely post xoxo

/*To add pinterest button*/ 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips